Thursday, September 5, 2013

No big news.

This week flew. I worked Sunday night for a little holiday pay fun. The 3rd night in a row is a breeze when you are at work, but for the same reason, it's so much harder to turn around and be up early. The hangover lasts 2 days instead of just 1. This last weekend g had Tkd testing again. This time for his green stripe belt. Mom and brooks were both impressed with how well he tested!!! Tuesday he got his new belt. He's always so proud. 
So last week I failed my 1 hour glucose test for the first time ever :-/ funny because I'm the healthiest and lowest weight of any pregnancy so far. I've only gained about 16 lbs at 29 weeks and am running between 15-20 miles a week among other workouts. So last week I went low carb (a safe range no worries). And I lost 5 lbs. whoops!!! Ill have to figure that out. I'm getting tons of veggies, plenty of calories and fat, and good food, so will just need to play with it. 
Yesterday I got the joy of the 3 hr glucose test. You drink an insane amount of sugar and then they take your blood every hour for 3 hours while it crashes. Sounds nice, eh? So I hadn't slept well the night before and 30 mins in I was falling asleep. The nice lady in the lab took me back to an unused patient room to lay down and I pretty much dozed through the test. The rest of the day I felt absolutely awful. It was ridiculous how much it knocked me down. Good thing this is the last baby! That was maybe my worst pregnancy experience ever! Won't get results until tomorrow, but I may stay low carb regardless. I feel much better overall. I don't Swell in general but after a couple of lc days I noticed my hands felt less swollen in the joints and I don't feel bloated and gross.  We will see! 

No comments: