Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Life and Such

Well, we have a pretty big week ahead and it's going to be fun!

The kids are at school today- I was supposed to work but got to stay home! YAY for me! I tried out a new exercise class with my favorite trainer and cleaned the bathroom floor- sad to say that's about it.... Today was Mira's first dance class!!! At her school they offer a dance class for the kids that is optional (and costs a bit extra) and we signed her up. I wanted to expose her to dance, but she enjoys gymnastics so much I wasn't ready to pull her out and I also wasn't ready to commit to spending 2 of our weeknights running our 3 1/2 year old to activities. Her teacher emailed a bit ago and said they had fun- I can't wait to hear what Mira says! It looks like there may have only been 3 girls in her class, but I'm sure she likes that. She is in one of the smallest preschool classes at Spectrum and I think it's good for her. She loves one on one attention. She has also made a good friend Mackenzie.

The kids go back to school tomorrow and I take dad to Chemo- maybe. They keep canceling it because his platelets don't get higher. Grrr....We'll see. He's getting more and more confused by the day. He fell again today- the second fall. He hasn't hurt himself, but his nurse said he had his shirt on backwards today and they are probably going to take his slippers away because he had one on and one off which may have contributed to his fall. He doesn't really walk anymore- basically just shuffles. I really need to get a picture of him with the kids pretty soon I think. I'm not sure what the chemo is really for. It's not supposed to help his brain mets and he doesn't seem to have any lung issues. The MRI 2 weeks ago just showed that the cancer was stable but not progressing, but his symptoms ARE progressing so I'm not sure how much it was worth anyway. I am afraid he's going to end up a mean old man. He gets angry when he's confused and he yells at the staff. So far they've been really good about it- they know that's not his general personality, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

Thursday after B gets home from work we are taking the kids to Omaha!! I am super excited. We didn't take a vacation with the kids this year, so this is it! I think they'll have fun. We will go to the zoo and I am really not sure what else. I'm hesitant to swim at the water park because of Mira's ear issues. She has recently started screaming about her OTHER ear (they went swimming in Palmyra, remember?). Argh. We will be staying 2 nights in the hotel.

I started teaching Sunday School last week to kindergarten and 1st graders. It's pretty fun! I feel stupid sometimes because really, I'm not a teacher, but still enjoy it and hopefully the kids do too. I really love our church and it's one way I could get involved.

I think that's all that's happening at the moment! Updates later when we get home from Omaha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on your dad. Don't forget to take the camera with you.