Saturday, July 11, 2009

1st Saturday off...

So meal times for G have turned into a disaster. He doesn't want us to feed him- normal for a 16 month old, right? However the problem comes with the fact that he still doesn't really eat solid things, so he's still spoon fed. The only way you can get food into him is by putting the food on his tray and letting him cover everything in it. He does a pretty good job with the spoon for a kid his age, but he doesn't eat a ton with it. It's just really stressful and challenging. He's also really into spitting things out that he doesn't like immediately (M will show you that if you want to see how it looks).
We just keep trying distraction after distraction until we can get him to eat a fair amount. He is loving cookies and crackers and an occasional french fry, blueberry, or apple, but really there's not a lot of nutrition in what solid food he eats. He's come a long way, but we still have miles to go!
M is a pretty good distraction for a few bites.
Today is my first Saturday off! YAY! It's strange- I really didn 't mind working every weekend at all. I rather enjoyed it. Most of the time it's pretty quiet and I love my weekend girls, but with the promise of no more weekends I am really excited. A whole new world of weekend trips and activities has opened up. Today I started my Sat morning pilates class and then we went to the zoo as a family. I can't wait for church tomorrow- I have 3 churches I want to try out and then I want to get settled in a church home. 1st one starts tomorrow.
It's also a lot easier to get a workout in when you don't have to find a sitter! Last night I ran 3.6 miles straight- a pretty big milestone for me. I am sure I can at least accomplish the race in its entirety but I am sortof worried about swimming in the lake. My goal for the next few weeks is to practice swimming in open water and figure it out so I don't drown!

We're off to a party at my cousin's house and we got a babysitter (well, grandma)! WOOT!

No comments: