Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 1 FL 2010 Cont.

We lounged around until about 12 today. Got up about 9 listening to the surf crash. We ate some breakfast, walked to the water, I went for a quick run, showered, and watched some discovery shows. We headed out to just explore a bit. I wanted to check out Myakka State Park. It wasn't like any state park we'd been to before. It was entirely deserted and there was nothing there. There were a few trails, but since I wore flip flops, we just did a 1 mile walk. Still interesting to see the differences in the vegetation and good to be in the fresh air.
The ground was covered with palm undercover. The pines were really tall, all of the needles were up really high. It did look like there had been a fire there at some point.
I thought it was rather pretty and SO QUIET!
This scary little armadillo was hanging out by the cars. Creepy.
EEK!
Went to the shore- it was cool and windy. This beach was really rocky. It sometimes amazes me how no matter where you are, the beach is the beach and the ocean is the ocean. Here are some little birds.

B looking at the water.
Day 1 ends with the slightest bit of sun peeking through the clouds. We went down to the beach before making our dinner tonight for brief period.
So our plan tomorrow was to head across the state to Cape Canaveral, but it's going to be rainy. We are going to wait for some better weather. I think we are going to head to Tampa to the Florida Aquarium! I'm pretty excited. Aquariums are among my very favorite attractions to visit. We'll probably stop somewhere else, but it'll depend on how long we'll be looking at fish!
More tomorrow!

No comments: