Friday, June 19, 2009
mmmmm summer pies
or whatever reason I've been wanting a berry pie lately. I love pie! I got an inkling that I would make one today- the berries have been delicious at the store lately so what better time?! I chose raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I also used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda to make it slightly better...though not much. We'll see how that worked!
Yes, I used the roll out crust- my kids were awake and that's WAY too much work. Someday I do want to make a crust, but not today.
mmmmmmmmmm
Didn't she do a good job with the cut-outs?
YUM.
I also become obsessed with bing cherries this time of year- they are absolutely my favorite fruit but the season is so short! They are worth EVERY penny (which is a lot of pennies, actually). I decided to make a cherry pie too though everyone I asked had no idea how a bing cherry pie would turn out. Most people use the cherry pie filling in the can or at least pie cherries. Well, since these are my fav, I wanted to use them so I cut them in half to get the pit out and used them anyway!
How could this be BAD? Doesn't it look absolutely delicious?! I don't have a pic of this finished product....I got busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment