Still not eating ANYTHING. He won't put food in his mouth himself and it's awful trying to spoon feed him. Lots of screaming...I'm not sure what to do about this but my main focus was to get him to gain weight. We'll tackle the rest at a later date. Still SO happy- obviously. 9 months old yesterday.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Lots to say
I feel like it's been forever since I updated. I have really enjoyed this week even though it's ending with me feeling AWFUL. I have RSV in the worst way...at least I can take cold medicine! heh. The sudafed is supposed to suppress lactation but I'm skeptical. I am down to pumping twice a day (painful at times when I get too full) and I'm still getting 15-20 ounces for him. He's still getting all breast milk with formula powder added in for calories and fat. G gained TEN ounces in one week. Up to 16lbs 6oz! WOW! That's a HUGE gain for a baby his age. I will keep fortifying his breast milk until we're out and then when we go to formula I'll mix it normally. Obviously he wasn't getting enough calories. Take a look at this chub! He loves to chew on his toothbrush- it's the only way we can keep him in one place to get him dressed or a diaper change.
He has also started sleeping through the night! I can't believe it. He was always a super fast nurser and would eat just enough to satisfy himself...I assume that he was only getting foremilk which is really watery with not many calories. The fatty milk comes second and I don't think he was ever waiting for it before he got bored eating and wanted to move on. I was also pretty nervous that his night waking was from habit and not hunger....turns out I got lucky on this one! Last night he slept from 8-8 for trhe first time ever! WOW! The two nights before that he would wake around 11 or so and eat and then sleep until 8. HUGE improvement with more calories.
Still not eating ANYTHING. He won't put food in his mouth himself and it's awful trying to spoon feed him. Lots of screaming...I'm not sure what to do about this but my main focus was to get him to gain weight. We'll tackle the rest at a later date. Still SO happy- obviously. 9 months old yesterday.
He loves to play with the ball. He can "throw" it back to you and he thinks it's so fun! He climbs the stairs whenever he has a chance- at M's party we found him all the way upstairs when no one was looking. Dang...I hate that gate!
All M wants to do is color. It's annoying but good for her, I know. She likes for us to draw pictures for her. She's already trying to color in the lines. She gets easily frustrated when she gets out of them and then starts scribbling, but I think it's pretty impressive that she even tries.
We finally got our tree up. It's annoying trying to keep her from ripping the ornaments down, but she enjoys turning the lights off and on.
We are having quite a few sleep issues with her lately. She was waking up screaming quite a bit. And wouldn't go to sleep unless we laid by her and held her hand. Annoying since for 22 months of her life we would just lay her down and she'd go to sleep on her own. I gave her benadryl three nights in a row (yes, I asked the doctor about it) because she had a cold AND to help her sleep. For those three nights I slept on the floor beside her. I think we may have broken the cycle. Last night she woke up once at 3:30 am and I had to lay with her for a little while and then put her back in bed and she slept until morning. Last night I read her a book, sang a song, and left the room after telling her to stay in bed or I would shut the door (she's obsessed with having the door open). She stayed in there perfectly and never screamed! YAY! Maybe we're going to live through it after all....
Still not eating ANYTHING. He won't put food in his mouth himself and it's awful trying to spoon feed him. Lots of screaming...I'm not sure what to do about this but my main focus was to get him to gain weight. We'll tackle the rest at a later date. Still SO happy- obviously. 9 months old yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad that G is doing great! All of those extra calories seem to be going into cuteness; I didn't think he could get cuter. Strange. :) Guess what? We bought a Marathon at Costco for $200 this past week. Did you ever get yours from Target? I heard they sent out $25 gift cards to some people as an apology, but I never got one. :(
That is great that G is doing better. Mixing my breast milk with formula was exacly what I had to do for Carson.
I love the pictures and goodluck with your ornaments on your tree as well. My two year old is the same way. I have a quick question, since M just turned two, how much does she weigh? I'm trying to see how much smaller Carson is to other kiddos his age.
Post a Comment