Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 3 GE

Day 3 has also been frustrating, but I'm starting to just get used to it...


BF- Nutrigrain Bar, watermelon, 4 oz yogurt drink (about 200 cals)
Snack- refused but drank 4 oz juice box (oatmeal to go bar and strawberry applesauce) (60 cals)
Lunch- one bite mini corn dog, raspberries and 2 oz 2% milk (refused rest of corn dogs, peas, and mac and cheese) (50 cals?)
Snack- whole banana, one ritz cracker PB sandwich and 2 oz 2% milk (refused more crackers or strawberry newtons) (150 cals)
Dinner- mandarin oranges and cheese slice (refused pork chop, potatoes and carrots) (150 cals)
Snack- 1/2 cup regular cheerios, 1/2 cup blueberries, 8 oz 2% milk (175 cals)

He's not really even drinking the milk I offer him now....I don't know what to do.....
I guess when I add up the cals it's about double yesterday's, right? That should make me feel better?? They go to Pepper's tomorrow and he always eats like a normal child there.......at least that is ok.

2 comments:

The Hensley Family said...

Just be strong and keep doing what you're doing! My mom always says - "They won't starve themselves" when I'm worried about Em eating and she's like G in the fact that she's always been on the bottom of that scale. He just knows you're a sucker for him Hil and he thinks you'll give in and give him what he wants. Once he figures out that you really mean business - he'll do it!!! It's the best thing for him and you - so don't stress. It will happen.

Val

Sarah Weipert said...

Good job! I know you that you know you are doing the right thing, but I just wanted to reinforce that. As you know, taking Claire's bottle away from her was devastating to her. She has also been on a milk strike since then. She has whatever her Cheerios soak up and that is it. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt, though, so I figure that is good enough. After her world quit rocking with the absence of her milk, she became a MUCH better eater! Here are a few things she really loves: squeeze yogurt. It is way fun to eat...comes in a tube...you probably know what it is. Also, she loves to eat anything off of a stick. I bought wooden skewers and we make fruit kabobs (sp?), veggie kabobs, meat and cheese kabobs...you get the idea. She LOVES it. And she really loves helping me make these. And she also liked frozen things, like frozen peas and frozen mango chunks. I don't know if it was the cold or what, but she would always eat those. You are doing great and it is going to get better.

Sarah