Today my heart is light. The past two weeks have been really great for G. I feel like we have made some incredible strides. He is up to eating 3 jars of baby food a day (approximately) and I have actually gotten him to EAT rice cereal- a texture he's previously not been able to handle. Eating times are still somewhat stressful when he's not into it. It's hard to get him distracted enough at times to make him eat enough, but there have been days when eating has actually CALMED him instead of working him up. That's HUGE. I do think he's getting hungrier and that's helping. At the doctor today we found out he's gained a pound and grew an inch in just TWO weeks! YAY! We're up to 18 lbs 13 oz. I finally feel like something we are doing is working. It's a great feeling. He's also gotten braver about touching foods and tasting them. He's still not eating solids to amount to any volume, but I feel like we're doing better- at a much faster rate than I expected.
G is saying lots of words- N0, Dada, night night, Hi, woof, quack. Still no Mama- I say, "G- say Mama." He says, "Nooooooooo." Pretty cute- how could I be mad? He says Gah for lots of things- Gah Gah is Baba (bottle). Gah is ball.
Triathlon training is going well- this week hasn't been too difficult. The hardest part is figuring out when to go and what to do with the kids when I do. The gym has an awesome daycare, but G has such awful stranger anxiety I'm afraid to leave him there in fear that they wouldn't let him stay. I just need to try it some day. Today I need to bike but not sure when- I feel I've reached my quota of asking other people to watch them this week so I can work out. I may have to go after B gets home. At Weight Watchers this week I learned I have lost 14.4 lbs so far!!! YAY! I'm feeling great. I feel really comfortable in my skin these days. I've got about 5 lbs left to get to my goal, but 10 would be AMAZING. We'll see.
2 comments:
That's so great about G's weight gain and his eating successes!
I'm so proud of you.
Post a Comment