I long to read a book. The kind of book you can emerse yourself in for hours. The kind of book you feel sad about finishing. The kind of book you feel like you're living in as you read it. I haven't read a book since M was born. I used to go to the library and get 8 or 10 books at a time. No more. I know that as the kids grow I will have more time to do things I love like read, but right now it is NOT happening. I have been looking at the parents of my patient in the ICU all day who are reading books I would never dare pick up (Dean Koontz), and I'm jealous. I long for a book.
5 comments:
What - children's books arent' cutting it - Dr Seuss isn't doing it for you???
Oh - and by the way - quit rubbing in your cheap gas!!! Just kidding - I'm glad that someone has hit a record low - never thought we'd see it again. I'm sure we won't - we're still up around $2.40. Can't complain though - it's better than $4!!!
I miss reading too and I haven't even had my baby yet! I used to read all the time, but now I'm lucky if I can read Entertainment Weekly without falling asleep.
I feel your pain. I have bookshelves full of good books and haven't read anything but non-fiction parenting stuff in 6 weeks.
This breaks my heart.
Am I doing something wrong? I've read tons of books! The latest being the twilight series. and read water for elephants too. I put M to bed by 8 and then read while watching tv. And sometimes during naps, but I only have 1 kid.
Post a Comment