Monday, March 3, 2008

My Peacock and the date is set!

B took these pictures yesterday. It seems M's hair has grown inches in the last week!! It now stands straight up sometimes when she wakes up. So cute!!So we set the date for tomorrow. I kinda hope he'll decide to come today on his own, but I doubt he will. There are a lot of factors that weigh into the decision, but I think we've made the right one for us. I completely trust Dr. Morris and I know she knows my fears inside and out. I have been assured that it will be ok. I'm going to see if I can take my mom's computer with us so we can update the blog frequently. I don't know if I'll be able to post pictures because in the past when I've loaded them directly from the camera to the blog (without saving on the computer first) it screws them up and then we loose the pic! Don't want that to happen.

We have to be at the hospital at 6 am! AH! It's starting to get a little more real. I actually did pack a bag today (heh) and I went out to Zona Rosa and bought some new nursing bras which are in the wash. I need to do a couple of loads of laundry today and get everything caught up. I think we're ready. Mom is going to spend the night here and then stay with M tomorrow until he arrives. M will go to Pepper's for the rest of the week I think.

I am very excited to meet him. I can't wait to find out what his name is, who he looks like, and be assured that he really is healthy. I know that last part probably isn't on most moms' lists of things that make them feel better after birth, but in my situation, I need to listen to his heart and not hear the whoosh. How big will he be? Will he be Mexican like M was? Bald?? I have no idea. There is a slight sense of sadness in having him. I feel a little sense of losing something with M. I hate that I won't be able to cater to her every need anymore as immediately as she'll wish for me to. I won't be able to focus on her like I'd like to. I've also heard from my friend Katie though that watching your first born react to a sibling makes it all worth it. I am hoping M will be as sweet as she is with the younger baby at Pepper's.
Here are the Smith's one day before there are four! Warning: after we get home www.mirabrooke.blogspot.com will permanently change to www.littlesmiths.com! Be prepared!

3 comments:

From the Dotte said...

Yahoooo! A March 4th baby. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to meet him too.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear all about it and finally see the little fellar :)

Valerie said...

I'll be praying hard! I woke up at 6:00am and just stared at the clock! I can't believe it's here.