Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just Me and the Boys

In backward order here is our trip to North Carolina. Sunday we went to Marbles Children's Museum and also the Science Museum. Griffy had a great time at both but he REALLY loved the dinosaurs at the science museum. He is so animated to talk about them.
Here he is looking at something with aunt Molly.
This is at Marbles. He was getting pretty tired. He stole all the fish from the pretend tank and hung out in the dog house. hahahaha
So cute. I know he is mine, but I find him strikingly cute. Also a butthead at times....but cute.
Big legos. He thought this was great fun.

Making a car for racing.
At the children's museum they have a dressup/play area. Here he is in the ambulance putting the IVF in his belly button. I thought it was pretty funny.
Benny wore Sully for a little while at the fair- something Sullys FATHER would NEVER be caught dead doing. It was super super cute.
I got him this little track to play with while we were in NC. He loves it.
Benny was collecting acorns. I knew Griff would love it, and it did turn out to be a fantastic ice breaker for the 2 of them. Unfortunately the next day they had MAGGOTS climbing all over them in the bowls the next day. BARF.
So proud.
Look at how cute and happy he is watching Aunt Molly make some berry crisp desert!!!
Me and my little guy. He did so great on 3 of our 4 flights. His 2nd tooth FINALLY came through today, but by Sunday he was miserable about it. Poor guy.
SO TIRED. He was seriously exhausted all weekend. I put him to bed at 715 tonight in an attempt to catch up a little.
Changing Sully's diaper. The flight attendant told me as I tossed it in the trash, "You can't put that in there. Please get it out and put it in the bathroom trash." Really?
So fun. Spoiled with apple juice and cookies.
He was acting sad, but really, he had a great day.
Griffy just got on the plane and was watching a movie as we waited for the people to board. So excited.
It was a really fun trip. I find as I get older I enjoy my sister more and more. In some ways I wish Mira would have a sister for when she grows up, but I just don't see it happening lol.

I also find that I dislike being away from home more and more. To take the kids is just hard, but also to leave them is hard too.....so it's lose lose. We had a really fantastic time though. No pressure to go anywhere or do anything. We relaxed a lot and also saw a fair amount of things. It was fun to just have the boys. I thought Sully did really well for being as young as he is, and Griffy really did well also.

The only problem is the amount of food my sister and I can take down when together. We are true McGinley's at heart. I suppose it's not all bad.....but we are so much the same it's terrible. Dependent on dessert and so excited about good food!!!

So that's our trip!!

1 comment:

molly said...

It's not a problem! We exercise, too! Plus I think if we were together for more than a few days we would be self-regulating and start eating healthier.