Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sandwich Saturday

Ok, another menu suggestion. I made this and it is SUPERB. At least as good as any chicken or turkey salad sandwich I have EVER had at a restaurant. Jennie-O turkey pieces were on sale at our Price Chopper so I picked some up.

Cruchy Turkey Salad
1 cup cooked cubed turkey meat
2 stalks of celery chopped
2 granny smith or other tart apples cubed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup light miracle whip or mayonnaise
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
Dried cranberries to taste
salt and pepper to taste

WOW. It's so good. I added the cranberries because I love them. This can be eaten on pita bread, regular bread, croissants, as a lettuce wrap, a tortilla, etc. It's awesome! A pain to make, but well worth it. Try it out!

No comments: